Trivia in Historic Charleston, SC
As the oldest city in America, Charleston has seen its fair share of history. Since it was founded in 1670 as Charles Town, it has seen pirate sieges, attacks by the British, and the first battle of the Civil War at Fort Sumter across the river. Today, however, it is more known for its incredible food scene, charming antebellum architecture, and the locals' Southern charm.
You don’t have to be a history buff to win at trivia in Charleston, but it sure can help. Here are the best places to find a trivia night in “Chucktown”:
The Top 12 Trivia Spots in Charleston
- Recovery Room Tavern -- Recovery Room offers pinball, pool, and bocce ball. So even if you lose at trivia, there are still plenty of diversions to go with your Buffalo wings.
- Sesame Burgers and Beer -- Even vegans can find something to enjoy at Sesame Burgers and Beer. This eco-friendly gastropub offers craft beers and a dazzling array of toppings for its veggie and classic meat patties.
- The Green Goat -- The locally-made goat cheese is a major draw at this Charleston classic—try it on a half-price burger on Tuesdays.
- Mellow Mushroom -- If you’re looking for atmosphere and a solid pizza selection, check out Mellow Mushroom. You can’t go wrong enjoying a stone-baked calzone in this former movie theatre.
- Smoky Oak Taproom -- The regulars rave over the hickory-smoked brisket and 45 taps of craft beer. If you’re craving barbecue with your trivia, you will quickly see why Smoky Oak Taproom is a local favorite.
- Trayce’s Too -- One of the better-kept secrets in Charleston, Trayce’s Too features standard pub fare and the best local musicians.
- Obrions Pub -- For the more traditionally-minded, Obrions is a classic Irish-style pub known for its friendly staff and team trivia nights.
- The Alley -- Why settle for one bar when you can have three? For that matter, why settle for three bars when you can have three bars and eight lanes of bowling? With arcade games and trivia in the mix, the Alley is the indecisive person’s best friend.
- Bay Street Biergarten -- Fans of the Biergarten rave over the pimiento cheese balls and pour-your-own beer taps. Never craved German-Southern fusion food before? Don’t knock it ‘til you try it.
- Manny’s Neighborhood Grill -- Come for the trivia, stay for the Greek pizza.
- Steel City Pizza Co -- With casual eating and outdoor seating, and sports games on flat-screen TVs, trivia nights can be crowded here. Bring your A game!
- Upper Deck Tavern -- If you grow tired of trivia, there’s always the Duck Hunter machine and regular Jenga tournaments at this hidden gem.