The New Nerd: Trivia in Atlanta
When you think Atlanta, many things spring to mind: hot weather, Southern hospitality, great music, awesome food. But, did you know that Atlanta has a burgeoning geek scene as well? From The Walking Dead to DragonCon to over 75 video game companies that call the city home, geekiness has entered the mainstream. And the cherry on top is Atlanta’s amazing trivia scene!
The Top 15 Trivia Spots in Atlanta
- Lucky's Burger & Brew -- Bring your pup to this dog friendly restaurant for trivia.
- The Albert -- Specialty hot dogs make this brick-laden pub an Atlanta gem.
- Ray's New York Pizza -- This Atlanta classic is a great place to watch sports, grab a bite, hang with friends, and win some trivia.
- Mo’s Pizza – Laid-back vibes and outdoor patio seating make this a great place to kick back,
- Three Dollar Cafe – Bar room classics, cold beers, and modern American eats. Perfect trifecta for a good night of trivia.
- Whitehall Tavern -- Mack down on all the wings you can eat for $9.99 when checking out the trivia at this spot.
- Smokebelly BBQ – True downhome barbeque vibes! Smokebelly has an delicious energy with trivia to match.
- St Angelo’s Pizza -- Red-checkered table cloths dot this tasty Italian dig. Open outdoor patio, live music surround the show.
- GENKI Noodles and Sushi -- Big servings of Japanese food generally comes off as an oxymoron, but GENKI is delicious, generous, and lively. Have a great trivia night out with friends at this modern Buckhead establishment.
- New York Pizza Exchange -- Head down to the railroad tracks near Vinings for crispy pies and NY-style calzones.
- Hudson Grille Midtown -- Straight-up local sports bar. Burgers, wings, and craft brew make for a good night out.
- Buckhead Saloon -- High energy, modern setting! Fun, laid back atmosphere with pool, music, and – you guessed it – trivia.
- Eleventh Street Pub -- Home of the “World Famous Rock Paper Scissors,” 11th Street Pub takes its trivia (and its sandwiches) seriously.
- The Pullman -- Tucked into nearby industrial-chic Kirkwood digs, The Pullman is a charming gastropub with local beers and trivia on tap.
- Takorea -- An amazing Mexican-Korean fusion restaurant, serving Korean tacos and trivia with $10 beer buckets.
Hip Hop Trivia
There’s another special trivia secret in Atlanta. Paying homage to Atlanta’s musical roots, Hip Hop Trivia is offered by Slice Piedmont in downtown Atlanta every Wednesday at 8pm. With a $50 tab on the line, you’ll answer questions you’d expect, like naming the top hip hop single on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1995 (spoiler: Gangsta’s Paradise!) to performing your best rendition of MJ’s moonwalk. Often there will be a special theme of the evening -- Atlanta favorites such as Andre 3000 and Killer Mike have made appearances.
If you’re less of a music person and more of a sports person, check out The Wing Cafe & Taphouse on Wednesday nights at 8pm. Driving out to the burbs is worth it for this Marietta bar which boasts juicy chicken, almost 50 beers on draft, and the region’s only sports-specific trivia.